As TPÖÇG Local Project Team and ESN Cag University our biggest dream is to leave on impression on people hearts. And we decided to do something for children living in disadvantaged areas. Our main objective in the project is to create ‘equal opportunities in education’ for students in disadvantaged areas.
The first region we have identified for this was Mersin Mut’s Yalnızcabağ village. In this village, students are studying primary and secondary school in the village. Afterwards, they go to different regions to study in boarding schools. The fact that the students who did not leave the village until 13 14 years of age go to different regions leads to many orientation problems and psychological problems.We started preparing this project in order to solve their orientation problems and to ensure equal opportunities in education.
We participated in the project which took place between 17 th -20 th December as 15 trainers and 1 psychologist. We trained a total of 78 children.
- Children were educated under 4 main headings. These issues are ; gender mainstreaming, health, social media and children rights.
- We designed 10 workshops for children. We designed science, painting, imagination, letter, creative writing, plant, environment, puppet, bag design and drama workshops for these purposes.
- We wanted to introduce different educational models to children. For this purpose, we provided training for expressing emotions and coping with self-esteem and anxiety with the non-formal education model.
- We organized many book collection campaigns. And we opened a library for the kids. We prepared a memorial corner for the library.
- On the last day of the project, we opened an exhibition for children activities. And we invited their parents to school. We showed the parents the library and the exhibition.